Bees, Wasps & Hornets
Home › Minnesota Pest Control / Bees, Wasps & Hornets
Bees, wasps, and hornets are one of the most common pest infestations in Minnesota.
Since many people are severely allergic to the stings of these insects, it’s important to deal with them as quickly as possible. Most bees, wasps, and hornets have black and yellow stripes around their abdomen. Hornets and wasps are on average 3/4” to 1” long. Yellow jackets and paper wasps are both black in color with yellow markings. Hornets are mostly black in color, with a white pattern over their face.
Why are they in my home?
- Wasps and hornets like to create nests under the eaves of houses to be protected from wind and rain
- Queen bees seek protected areas like homes over the winter months
- Most bees will be outside of your home under wood piles, bark, logs and other objects that provide protection from the elements
- Ground wasps will typically be located just under the soil surface
Are Bees, Wasps, and Hornets a danger to my family?
Bees, Wasps, and Hornets will turn very aggressive if they feel threatened!
- Most bites hurt after the initial sting, then swell for a day or two
- To those that are very allergic, the sting if these insects can cause death if untreated
How can Warner’s help me?
Certain types of bees are a critical part of plant pollination, so caution must be taken when controlling them. That said, here’s how we can help control these insects:
- Our equipment can handle nests as high as the peak of your building
- We eliminate all unwanted bees, wasps, and hornets and remove their nests as well
- Warner’s will thoroughly inspect your property inside and out to make sure all potential infestations are dealt with in the most environmentally friendly way
Additional Service Suggestions to Complement Bee, Wasp, & Hornet Control: