Boxelder Bug Control
You will usually notice a boxelder bug infestation in the colder months of the year.
Boxelder bugs are about ½” long. They are usually black, with red stripes along their backs, and have 6 legs and 2 antennae. Baby boxelder bugs have the same color patterns as adults, but at about 1/4 the size.
Why are they in my home?
- In the fall, boxelder bugs try to invade your home for shelter from the oncoming winter cold
- Once in your home they will move around in the fall and winter months
- They like to stay in crevices throughout your home, and typically come out on sunny days
- If in your house, do not smash them, as they will stain your walls
Are Boxelder Bugs a danger to my family?
- Boxelder bugs by themselves will not harm anyone
- However, as mentioned above they can stain walls, which can be expensive to fix
How can Warner’s help me?
If boxelder bugs have infested your home, Warner’s can apply products to eliminate them.
- Most activity with these bugs is in early fall; that’s when you want to have your house sprayed
- In some instances these bugs will infest your house in the spring, so an application may be necessary at that time as well
- Warner’s product has the ability to not only kill boxelder bugs on contact, but also has two months of residual effect that keeps bugs from entering your home afterward
Additional Service Suggestions to Complement Boxelder Bug Control: