Centipedes & Millipedes
Centipedes and millipedes can be found anywhere in your home.
These arthropods look like worms, but have rows of legs on each side. They have a varying number of legs, depending on the species. Some centipedes even have hundreds of legs! Their length can be 1/8” to 6” (that’s right, 6 inches long!). When approached, most curl into a circular ball.
Why are they in my home?
- These insects prefer cool, moist places such as your basement
- They get in under siding, cracks in your home’s foundation, etc.
- They prefer areas of inactivity
Are Centipedes & Millipedes a danger to my family?
- Most species are no danger, but some can bite with a vengeance
- When handling a centipede or millipede, it is best to use a paper towel to avoid bites
- If left uncontrolled, they can become a nuisance once their population gets out of hand
How can Warner’s help me?
We have effective treatments for both inside and outside your home.
- Centipedes and millipedes will always try to invade your home, so it’s important to continually treat the outside of your house to keep them at bay
- Warner’s can spray the exterior of your home and landscape to ensure these insects don’t come inside your home
- If they are already inside, Warner’s can apply specific applications to get at their hiding spots
Additional Service Suggestions to Complement Centipede & Millipede Control: