Opossums are solitary animals, staying in one area as long as food and water are available.
Also known as a possum, these creatures are about the size of a common house cat. They have long gray hair, with a scaly tail about half the length of their body. You may see damage in your yard from the possum digging for grubs, although opossums are omnivorous and will eat just about anything.
Why are they in my yard?
- Opossums are often attracted to the fallen fruit from your trees
- They also like to explore open trash cans
- Your pet’s food may attract them as well
Are Opossums a danger to my family?
- They possess incredible teeth and have been known to bite if attacked, usually by pets
- Opossums try to avoid confrontation by playing dead, and can even pass out from fear
How can Warner’s help me?
- We will trap the opossum, and relocate to a more suitable area
Additional Service Suggestions to Complement Opossum Control: